Welcome

Thank you for joining us on the blog, designed to give everyone at Northview access to experiencing Northview40 together. We invite you to email us at Northview40@gmail.com and share your experiences throughout the 40 days. Your comments will be posted here as well as each day's prayer topic, corresponding Bible verses, and a suggestion each week for how we can fast together during this time. Your involvement will help make Northview40 a rich experience for all.

We hope that you will be encouraged to take your own steps toward a deeper connection with God, your goal being intimacy with Him, not just a "perfect prayer life" for several weeks. A wise woman has said, "No one of us would say we don't need God. But how much of what we do is done without Him?" Let's invest a few minutes each day to pray and a few more minutes once a week to fast, taking a risk to need Him and watching to see what He will do.

2/25/10

Thursday

Today, ask God to help you know him for who he truly is.

1 comment:

  1. 1. I love the LORD, for he heard my voice;
    he heard my cry for mercy.

    2. Because he turned his ear to me,
    I will call on him as long as I live.

    3. The cords of death entangled me,
    the anguish of the grave [a] came upon me;
    I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

    4. Then I called on the name of the LORD :
    "O LORD, save me!"

    5. The LORD is gracious and righteous;
    our God is full of compassion.

    6. The LORD protects the simplehearted;
    when I was in great need, he saved me.

    7. Be at rest once more, O my soul,
    for the LORD has been good to you.

    8. For you, O LORD, have delivered my soul
    from the death,
    my eyes from tears,
    my feet from stumbling,

    9. that I may walk before the LORD
    in the land of the living.

    Psalm 116,1-9

    ReplyDelete